Friday, November 25, 2005

God is Good!

Last week I started physical therapy for my knee. Right now, it consists of me laying down and the therapist doing most of the work, stretching my leg, and massaging it for about an hour, and also showing me strengthening exercises I can do at home. The only bad thing is that after an hour of massage on my bad leg, my good leg and the rest of my body feel neglected! On Thursday I went back to see my doctor. I can’t tell you how nice it has been to have a doctor who is so kind. Dr. Buehler said on Thursday that I am doing good and he is pleased with my progress so far. Then he started telling me that he knew another American woman in a nearby town that he thought was really funny, who had 3 children. He sat at his desk and was looking up her name and phone number because he thought I might need a friend. I assured him that I had many friends here because of our involvement with the community through soccer, but that I would look up her name in our school directory. How often is it that a doctor is kind enough to be concerned that a stranger in a different country has friends? Here I was so concerned about the “bed side manner” of German doctors, and I think now that it is better than American doctors! I must say, my heart is overwhelmed with his kindness and generosity. All of the prayers of my family and friends from home certainly contributed to such kindness during a difficult time. God is good all the time. All the time God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home