Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My first triathlon - by Joe Haines

On Sunday, I did my first triathlon. It was really fun and hard. It was a real challenge for me. When the gun shot I was the first person in the water but the 2nd person out of the water. The water was really shallow so it was hard to swim.


Swim 100m Posted by Hello


When I got out of the water I had to dry off my feet really quickly and then put my shoes and socks on. Everyone else’s parents were helping them put on their shoes but I had to do it all by myself. I was in the lead in the bike part of the race, then I hit all these potholes and it slowed me down into 2nd place. Later on in the biking I made a wrong turn and got lost but I found my way again. I rode my bike 10 kilometers to my school.


Swim 100m Posted by Hello

Then it was time for the running, 5 kilometers, and on the first turn I went the wrong way. There were two ways to go and I went the wrong way, so the timer person told me to go back and go the other way.


Swim 100m Posted by Hello

I went on my way again and then my legs started to feel weird so I stopped to walk a little bit. They started to feel like jelly. It was really strange. I finished the race in 2nd place and Pascal got 1st. He is much bigger and he knew the course really well. My mom and dad were at the finish line waiting for me. When it was over I cheered the other people on. It was fun, and I’m glad I did it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home