Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A priceless life lesson.

There are life lessons that come to us in the tasks of the ordinary day. These moments of grace will remain with us all the days of our lives with the constant reminder each time that task is again completed. Retuning from a wonderful vacation in Prague, we stopped for fuel just past the German – Czech border. In the ordinary task of re-fueling, I learned a wonderful life lesson. I learned that a diesel car will not run with unleaded gas. And now for the rest of my life, when I fill up the car with fuel, I too will be filled with the understanding of the difference between a black and a green pump handle. The cost of car repair: 200 euros. The cost of car rental: 60 euros. The cost of new fuel: 40 euros. The experience of grace : priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home