Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A day in the life of a Texas Wife and Mom in Germany. . .a new lesson learned!

A day in the life of a Texas Wife and Mom in Germany. . .a new lesson learned!

For at least 3 weeks now I have not had access to the car. . .either because I didn’t think I needed it or because Robin had to have it to get some where other than work (today he says he is going to play soccer after he gets off from work with some colleagues!) Typically, after the boys leave for school, I finish my cappuccino and then pack my backpack to head to the gym in the next town. I get on my bike and take the scenic route to the gym which is apprx. 12 kilometers (about 7 ½ miles). Once I get to the gym I work out for another hour then get back on my bike to head home heading in the opposite direction so that I end up making a loop. However, several days a week I have to stop by the market for groceries. Today I made an important discovery on my trip on my bike to the market . . .don’t buy more than you can carry in your bike basket and backpack!!!! I ended up with about 20 pounds of groceries in my backpack and another 30 or more in my bike basket. The problem was that my basket was overfilled and several times items fell out, including a carton of eggs! So, I had my backpack on my back, the basket on my bike was overflowing, and I had to carry the Charmin toilet paper by hand all while trying to maintain balance while driving my bike! Minus a few mishaps with some non observant teenagers on the bike path where I almost lost control, I made it home. . .only to repeat the scenario later in the week minus several pounds of groceries. . .LESSON LEARNED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home