Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Biking with a dog! Or Gracie just cost me 50 euros!!!!

On Saturday, Robin and I got up and we went on a bike ride. I thought I’d show him my typical route during the week. We took Gracie with us because she loves to ride in the basket and then get out at the lake to run around a bit. We were on the end of our ride driving on a path through a typical field here, when suddenly Gracie, chained in to the basket for this exact reason, decided to jump out of the basket thinking she was going to catch a crow. . .Robin shouted, I pressed my breaks hard, flipping Gracie still attached to her carrier out of my bike basket. Fortunately, Gracie was ok, but when I got back on my bike, the back tire didn’t feel right and as we looked at it we could see that somehow it had been damaged in the Gracie incident. . .we finished the ride and dropped the bike off at the shop near our house. Today, 50 euros and a big bruise on my leg from jumping off my bike later, I have my bike back and Gracie won’t be riding for a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home