Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Joe Implosion!

While Sam and Deidre were vacationing in sunny Barcelona, a complete failure on my part to leave Joe a key to our house, sparked in Joe a terrible implosion. Perhaps the implosion was aided by the long wait in the garage in sub freezing temperature. This gave him more time to spiral into this negatively charged bomb. And how lucky was I to be the target of the bomb that was apparently voice activated to “get ready for soccer practice.” Yes, Joe was cold. It was -7C and it had snowed for two days straight. Yes, there was still outdoor practice and I detonated the bomb.

I hate the snow. KABOOM! I hate this house. KABOOM! I hate football. KABOOM! I hate Germany. KABOOM! I hate my school. KABOOM! I hate everything, and everything hates me. KABOOM, KABOOM!

I knew immediately what to do. I called Deidre! We skipped soccer practice, and went to McDonald’s. We had to get Joe something familiar, something almost American. On the way there Sam even helped by calling and talking about Joe’s new Barcelona game jersey. Slowly, Joe began to rebuild. And then after nine McNuggets, he commented. I don’t really hate everything, I even think the McNuggets are better in Germany than in the US. Joe was back.

It was -5C on Friday when he went to practice without a fuss. Good thing the indoor season starts next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home